Friday, April 29, 2011

Frugal Friday: Squeezing the most out of your Juice!



I'm going to attempt to be more purposeful in my blogging and introduce some "category" days, starting with "Frugal Fridays." I decided on "Frugal" because when you have a one-income family with five kids, and two of them are 12-year old boys, you are probably looking for ways to stretch your dollar and/or grocery budget.

Now, if your family is anything like ours (and I'll assume you are, that's why you're still reading) you go through a lot of juice. We have ALWAYS watered down our juice in the cup (at least half and half) because there is way too much sugar in there...but my husband came up with an idea even better. We add water to the original container as soon as we pour some into a cup! Now they don't actually "see" us watering their drinks down (which sometimes is distressing for them!), and one 64-oz container of juice lasts TWICE as long! I know what you are thinking, that is a no-brainer, but for us, it's been a simple solution that saves money AND whining! Now that's a win-win for everyone.

1 comment:

Welcome comments, encouragement & suggestions!