Saturday, April 30, 2011

Made by Me: Initial Bookmarks


I whipped these cute little bookmarks the other day after being inspired by this tutorial: http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2010/09/fabric-rosette-tutorial-extravaganza.html

For the main part of the bookmark, I used some old jeans and just "eyeballed" the measurements of a bookmark, right sides together, turned & top-stiched.

For the roses, I used some leftover red cotton (from a couple halloweens ago when our family dressed up as a BLT ....bread, bacon, lettuce, and a tomato with an extra jar of mayo - it was hilarious!) that I cut into long, thin triangles, and then got out my tacky glue and twirled away until I liked the look of the flower.

Then, I cut small pieces of green felt into a leaf-shape, sewed it down (in leaf-vein fashion) and then I hot-glued the rose onto the petals.

I like to personalize my gifts, so I initialed them with some extra felt (all sewn in). I think they turned out super-cute - the only thing I might do differently next time is to reinforce it with the interfacing....I don't know, I think it's fine the way it is, too. I'm also going to be doing some with bible verses or key words like "Faith" or "Believe"....just need a couple extra hours in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome comments, encouragement & suggestions!