Monday, February 22, 2010

The Reality of "Sleep deprivation psychosis"

I want to preface this post with a disclaimer: I have not been diagnosed by a professional, and the advice contained hereafter is merely my opinion and should be interpreted as such. This information is best absorbed with a good sense of humor.

Yesterday morning, I had a minor "psychotic break" – which included the irrational opening and subsequent slamming of cupboards and drawers, crying out loud to josh (who was too absorbed in his self-pity sobs that he couldn't even hear me) ...all triggered by the loss of my slippers and k-cup holder. Let me explain, I had gotten maybe like 4 (non-contingent) hours of sleep in the past week. A week is 7 seven days. It might have even been longer than that, but I lost track of time two weeks ago.

Those of you function normally, or even optimally, on mere minutes of sleep, I am jealous. This doesn't work for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome comments, encouragement & suggestions!