Thursday, April 24, 2008

Apr 24, 2008: Holy Nesting, Batman!

"Today's the day, the sun is shining, the tank is clean, THE TANK IS CLEAN...??!!"

Okay, if you can't tell me what movie that line is from you are OBVIOUSLY not a mom whose kid wants to watch "Finding Nemo" over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Because I am, and so is my friend Julie, whose lets me spend all day with her adorable little guy Lathan...that line is the first thing she said to me when I greeted her at the door! We both have nemo-addicts on our hands and thanks to the wonders of modern technology, we have memorized the entire dialogue via our car's dvd system.

TODAY would be a great day to go into labor, you hear that little-whatever-your-name-
is-going-to-be????? Yup, talking to you, whose head is so snugly pressed up against my cervix and spine that I can't get into ANY comfortable position....I love you a ton already, baby, but I really can't wait to see you OUT HERE in the real world!

To pass time, I have been "fluffing" our nest - like a mad woman. Yesterday, I completely cleaned and disinfected the fridge, (which included reorganizing and grouping like items), washed all the linens in the house, did a couple loads of laundry...ummmm, all between changing two little boys' dirty diapers and chasing them around the house. Oh, yeah, and then I went to the commissary and seriously stocked up - as Jeff would say I "got a little carried away". But seriously, I needed all that stuff for recipes, which I made half of today. I made and froze a lasagna, whipped up a batch of soft ginger cookies for my friend, (who has been experiencing debilitating morning sickness attributed to what she just discovered yesterday is TWINS!!!!!), and I am making chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight. So, yes, I'm nesting.

I'm kind of afraid to go on one of my power-walks (where I strap Luke & Lathan into a double stroller and end up walking for over an hour), because I am convinced that will push me over the edge, and being that we don't have a plan for where the kids are going to go yet, I'm not really sure if I want to really help labor along that bad. At least not yet. Talk to me tomorrow. Maybe if I had somewhere to go...

Thank you guys for listening, and hopefully some of you are reading your bible and memorizing some scripture, because honestly, that has helped me grow more than anything. Plus, I can brag to my husband who can't memorize a thing...but again, another reason why WE were meant for each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome comments, encouragement & suggestions!