Monday, February 14, 2011

A Public Profession of Love for my Beloved


So it's Valentine's Day again, and I can think back with sweet, fond memories the 5 (or 6?) Valentine's Days that we have spent together...sniffle. Since you aren't here this year, and overdone-sappy-emotional is not my strong-suit, I figured I would pen (or key) my deep and sincere appreciation of our love together.

It's trite, and said many a time over, but it bears repeating: I love you more today than the day I first realized I couldn't spend one second without you (the day at the pool, date 2?). How awesome is His Love for us, that would give us such a beautiful gift in marriage, giving us the completion of our souls here on earth!

I'm so thankful for such a Godly husband, whose journey I get to share - from the depths of our sin to where we are now, and God only knows where we are going! You absence for this long has shown me that without you I am only half - a half that is deeply, irrefutably, and painfully linked by a bond greater than ourselves!

How I long after your presence - and how much have I taken advantage of your time beside me! I'm sorry for ever letting a day go by that I don't tell you how much I need you! What a silly girl I was to think that the design for our lives had anything to do with our choosing!

Perfectly matched by a Creator who knew our deepest desires - How incredibly humbling and not worthy are we!

Ok, nearly crying now, time to go, I can't wait to hold you in my arms just 4 short days from now! Love you


Of course, said best by Song of Solomon 1-2:
2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
for your love is more delightful than wine.
3 Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
your name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the young women love you! ←[ my personal favorite! ]
4 Take me away with you—let us hurry!
Let the king bring me into his chambers.

16 How handsome you are, my beloved!
Oh, how charming!
And our bed is verdant. ← verdant:green, leafy, grassy; lush, rich; literary verdurous.
Sol 2:

3 Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest
is my beloved among the young men.
I delight to sit in his shade,
and his fruit is sweet to my taste.
4 Let him lead me to the banquet hall,
and let his banner over me be love.
5 Strengthen me with raisins,
refresh me with apples,
for I am faint with love.
6 His left arm is under my head,
and his right arm embraces me.
7 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love
until it so desires.

8 Listen! My beloved!
Look! Here he comes,
leaping across the mountains,
bounding over the hills.
9 My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag.
Look! There he stands behind our wall,
gazing through the windows,
peering through the lattice.
10 My beloved spoke and said to me,
“Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, come with me.
11 See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
12 Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome comments, encouragement & suggestions!